Tuesday 24 June 2008

Memories

I was asked to go along to Swanage 1st school (Mount Scar) to give a talk on the Coastguard and beach safety.
I do like attending this school as this was my first school and it certainly brought back some memories. It was quite frightening that 30 years ago I was sat on the carpet listening to visitors to the school.

To help me with the talk I take "a little piece" of Swanage beach with me to show some of the things found on the beach and when to call the Coastguard Being local children most have a very good understanding of the dangers which we build on during further visits to schools in their later years.

Ive just found my school report from 1978 !

Ian is a very lively little boy. He likes to be in the centre of things, very talkative and easily distracted. He likes to work quickly and so easily makes mistakes especially in spelling. He must write a little more slowly and look carefully at what he is doing"

30 years on, some things have not changed...no further comment !

No comments: