Sunday 7 September 2008

A heavy heart


Today I have a strange feeling, one of excitement and one of sadness.

After six years of hard work (and please remember there have been a huge number of people involved in this building project) we are finally on the eve to work starting.

My file of letters, emails, plans and ideas is equally large, the path to planning was far from smooth, many a sleepless night wondering if the team would ever have a future in the town.

So finally after the hard work the results will slowly grow in the next 14 weeks, I hope many of you will either visit the site or see the pictures here.

My sadness, well Peveril Point has been our home since 1842.....that's alot of history, in my 18 years the station has been my 2nd home, I've have had some great times there and sad times, the building has looked after us all so well.

So thank you to everyone who supported us, with the new building we hope we will be able to serve the community even better.

No comments: