Monday 5 January 2009

Rear Window

What a Load of Bollards

Deputy Blog is incapacitated with a cold today, and not feeling too good. So a bit like James Stewart in Hitchcock’s 1954 Film ‘Rear Window’,… he's been looking out of the rear window at the new Coastguard Station. Firstly, you’ll be glad to know no one has been murdered like in the film – (…and if you haven’t seen it by now, then sorry I spoilt the ending).



Anyway it looks like a load of bollards have been delivered to the site and the chaps are sticking them in the ground. There is probably a technical builder term for this but I’m sticking with sticking. They are also making a pavement. Eric will no doubt tell me they are laying a pavement.

‘This is not very exciting! …and certainly not worthy of a Blog!’ I hear you cry, well it is when you got the choice of Daytime TV or Coastguard Builder TV.

If I’m lucky they might get the digger going again later – that’s if Austen fixed it on his ‘Emergency Errand’ on Sunday. Where’s my Lemsip.

No comments: