Thursday 3 November 2011

Facebook Places

We are now on Facebook Places!


(note the judicious/ crafty use of the above link...if I get 100 likers on Facebook I get a prize!)

I think it allows people to say 'I'm at the Swanage Coastguard Rescue Station'.

But is that really that useful?

So if you are at the Swanage Coastguard Rescue Station you can click your Facebook location and tell us that fact....but then we would be there also and could see you....so you wouldn't need to tell us.

Unless we click on it and say we are at the Station, when we are actually over at the pub. mmmm The missus might fall for that.

You can also add what you were doing.
(i.e. Ian - eating biscuits, Austen - GBA (general bugging around)).

So this afternoon Eric could have clicked on his smartphone and said he was at the Swanage Coastguard Rescue Station cleaning the windows in the rain, which he was.  The only problem with this is Eric doesn't have a smart phone as he doesn't do techno stuff. He probably still thinks the microwave is a cupboard with a light and clock. (only kidding Eric).


True or False:- In the Welsh Language 'Microwave' translates to 'popty ping'!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desperation appears to be setting in in Oscar's quest for 100 likes!

Barry said...

I'm guessing false but I would love it to be true.

CG said...

I believe it is true!