Saturday 17 November 2012

Swapshop

Remember BBC's Saturday morning show, 'Swapshop' with Noel Edmonds?!



This afternoon I text messaged the Coastguard team to offer a cream leather armchair (good condition) and matching poofe. Free.

I then get a series of helpful and somewhat random messages sent back. I didn't realise I'd started a Swapshop!

Chris:- No, but do you have a tumble dryer?

Ian:- Yes but not the poofe.

Ian:- No actually just teasing but I want to get rid of a computer monitor and speakers. 

Brian:- Are we patrolling this afternoon or delivering furniture?

Ian:- If Chris takes the wife and kids I'll buy him the tumble dryer.

Brian:- I have a new phone which is 2 complicated.

Roger: I've filled the fridge full of chocolate and drinks - but the crisps are in the cupboard?!

So it appears that we have a armchair, computer monitor and speakers, three kids and a wife to give away. But we need a tumble dryer.

Meanwhile Brian has a new phone which he can't work, and there is a fridge full of chocolate.







2 comments:

Swanage Coastguard said...

Brian and his phone.......at 4am this morning, it's ringing but we don't know how to answer it. Then when stood down its how do you add contacts? I don't know.....20 phone calls later to random people, we still haven't worked out how to add phone numbers - go back to your old phone it was so much easier.

John B said...

Maybe if you sat next to the fridge & had some of the snakes it might refresh the little grey cells, then try working the phone again. If no luck go back to the fridge!!